Providing transcripts of your podcast episodes can help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) so more listeners find you via web search. They’re also essential for the deaf, hard of hearing, or those with audio processing issues. My listeners have told me that transcripts are very helpful when they couldn’t finish listening to an episode and want to quickly skim the rest.
If you want to transcribe your podcast episodes, here are services worth considering:
- Descript – More than just transcripts, a unique platform to transcribe and edit using text. Free trial with plans starting at $10/month.
- FreeTranscriptions – Pretty basic but get up to 300 minutes free per month. Paid plans start at $6 for an additional hour or $27 for 5 hours of audio.
- GoTranscriptions – 100% Human-Generated Transcription Services from $0.72/minute.
- HappyScribe – Trusted by leading brands and news organizations. Check the plans slider for pricing.
- Microsoft 365 – Cloud storage and a suite of Office apps. The web version of Word now has transcription features. Currently limited to 5 hours monthly for uploaded audio. Starts at $6.99/month ($69.99/year).
- Otter.ai – Plans: Free 600 mins/month (max 40 mins per each); $8.33/month 6,000 mins (max 4 hrs each); $20/month 6,000 mins/user (max 4 hrs each)
- Rev – Trusted by 170,000 customers across all industries. Professionals transcribe your files 24/7 with 99%+ accuracy, 100% guaranteed. $1.25 per minute.
- SimonSays.ai – $15/hour pay-as-you-go; $7.50/hour plus $15/month; $6.50/hour plus $25/month (Save up to 29% if billed annually)
- Sonix.ai – $10/hour pay-as-you-go; $5/hour plus $22/mo per user/month (Save 25% if billed annually)
- Temi – Trusted by journalists, podcasters, bloggers, and authors. $0.25 per minute.
- Trint – Trusted by Fortune 500 companies and leading news organizations. Plans start at $28/month.
Do you use a service that’s not listed here? Please post a comment about your experience with transcription services.