The Podcast Gym is the place for good podcasters to become great podcasters.
In 2017, I launched a podcast that’s garnered good reviews. For all my podcasting mistakes, victories, and discoveries, I can confidently say that I’m a dedicated show runner. I’m also a financial adviser, business owner, and musician.
There are over a million podcasts in Apple Podcasts but less than a third of those shows have published at least 10 episodes with one of them being in the last 90 days. Just as with physical fitness, simply showing up consistently puts you ahead of the pack.
As we do the reps, it’s important to figure out ways to do things better, faster, and with less effort. Each post at the Podcast Gym draws upon real-world experiences. Everything is presented in the quest to make the next podcast episode better than the last one.
Start your podcast “training” by reading, commenting, and experimenting.
Podcast Gym goals:
- Have a consistent approach. (Create)
- Get out of your comfort zone. (Promote)
- Make your goals specific, measurable, and attainable. (Monetize) <- This is optional but it is possible!
Together we can improve, increase downloads, and make a bigger impact.
Thanks for joining me.
How I Got here
- Launched Inspired Money, Sept 2017
- Podcast Junkies – 174 Andy Wang – Inspiring Your Soul and Your Wallet, July 2018
- The Podcasters Podcast – Episode 13 – Andrew Wang – Inspired Money Podcast, July 2018
- Speaker at Podcast Movement PMx – For a Great Podcast, Do Something That Scares You, July 2018
- The Podcast Engineering Show – PES 106: Andy Wang, Host and Producer of Inspired Money Podcast, Oct 2018
- Speaker at FinCon: Where Media and Money Meet – 10 Hacks to Increase Visitors, Leads, and Customers, Oct 2018
- Co-Founder of Asian American Podcasters Association, Jan 2019
- Inside Podcasting by Skype Pillsbury– Indie Spotlight, Apr 2019
- Launched Asian American Podcasters Association Podcast, Apr 2019
- Forbes names Inspired Money Top 10 Personal Finance Podcasts By Financial Advisors
- Speaker at International Podcast Day – Recording On Location to Grow Your Podcast Audience and Guest List, Sept 2019
- Speaker at Podthon – How to Always Book Better Guests, Aug 2019
- THE LIST, daily TV show, names Inspired Money 3 Personal Finance Podcasts to Stream ASAP
- Speaker at Inbound – Become an Audio Influencer for Better Inbound Marketing, Sept 2019
- Speaker at FinCon: Where Media and Money Meet – 8 Ways to Make a Better Sounding Podcast, Sept 2019
- Starve the Doubts – Inspired Money with Andrew Wang, Sept 2019
- Speaker at Podcaster’s Kit, October 2019
- Speaker at Asian American Arts Alliance – Why Start a Podcast as an Asian American? A How-To and Q&A Workshop, Nov 2019
- Podlovers Asia: Asian Podcasting News – Andrew Wang Of Inspired Money Shares His Journey, And The Mission Behind The Asian American Podcasters Association, Feb 2020
- Podcasters’ Roundtable – 140: Where Are the Subscribers?, Mar 2020
- Speaker at Podfest – Recording On Location to Grow Your Podcast Audience and Guest List, Mar 2020
- New Media Show – PodFest Live #278, Mar 2020
- Indie Pod Podcast with Super Joe Pardo – Embracing creativity because podcasting has no rules with Andrew Wang!, May 2020
- Launched Podcast Gym, June 2020